Stagelight Productions is pleased to announce our 2019 Fall Play --
Anne of Green Gables
-- a stage adaptation of Lucy Maud Montgomery's classic book.
Thursday, November 14, 7:00 p.m.
Friday, November 15, 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, November 16, 2:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
Slayton House Theatre, Columbia, Maryland
Auditions for Anne of Green Gables will be held on Tuesday, September 3, with call-backs on Thursday, September 5, both 4:00 - 6:30 p.m. at Hope Baptist Church, 8801 Stephens Rd, Laurel, MD 20723.
Please find below all the information you will need in order to audition.
- Read the book Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery. Please do not read a play version of Anne of Green Gables, as the version you choose may not be the one we will use. (There are several versions.) The book is available at the public library. Audio books of Anne of Green Gables are also available at the public library.
- Do not watch a movie version or any video-taped version of the play prior to auditions. Our director's vision may be very different from a version you watch, so just read the book and be prepared to read lines as you imagine the character would deliver them. Our director, Mrs. Dransfield, will provide further direction once rehearsals begin.
- Arrive on time, even early, but please to not arrive before 3:45 p.m. so as not to interrupt Spectrum's classes.
- Park in front of Hope Baptist Church, and enter through the front doors into the sanctuary. Further directions are in the "All About Auditions" document.
Questions Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Shopping for all your school needs online? Shop at smile.amazon.com/ch/35-2334234 and AmazonSmile donates to Stagelight Productions!
Goals and Shows
STAGELIGHT PRODUCTIONS is a ministry of Spectrum Christian Homeschool Community
Our Mission Statement: Stagelight Productions, a ministry of Spectrum Christian Homeschool Community, is a 501c3, non-profit organization that seeks to provide opportunities for pre-teens and teens to express themselves artistically through participation in annual theatrical productions.
- Encourage artistic expression and offer an educational environment to our students.
- Develop a spirit of ensemble among the cast, production team, and all others involved in our productions.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with those with whom we work in our community.
- Provide students with the opportunity to outreach in our community.
- Provide quality entertainment that glorifies God through theatrical productions.
- Entertain our audiences with enriching, family-oriented shows.
The Wizard of Oz 2010
The Sound of Music 2011
Hello, Dolly! Spring 2012
Our Miss Brooks Fall 2012
Oklahoma! Spring 2013
You Can’t Take It With You Fall 2013
Guys and Dolls Spring 2014
You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown Fall 2014
Mary Poppins Spring 2015
Music Man Spring 2016
The Man Who Came to Dinner Fall 2016
The Little Mermaid Spring 2017
Our Town Fall 2017
My Fair Lady Spring 2018
Alice in Wonderland Fall 2018
Willy Wonka Spring 2019