Who We Are
- We are a Christ-centered organization.
- We are governed by the Oversight Committee (the OC), a rotating board of directors made up of Spectrum parents.
- We offer classes for which tuition is charged. (Tuition does not cover the cost of books, materials, or special supply fees.)
- We are not a co-op or a school. We do not provide grading services (with the exception of some Rhetoric-level classes) or record keeping.
- We provide support to home-schooling parents and students.
- All students enrolled in Spectrum’s History classes will be studying the same time period simultaneously.
- In each class, opportunities exist for a very light through a much more intense and/or difficult workload.
- The parent will decide what is required of their student and will, for the most part, grade their own student’s work.
- English Literature and Writing
- Elementary-Level Science
- Middle-School-Level Science
- High-School-Level Science: Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics
- Languages- American Sign Language and Spanish
- Theatrical Arts
- Life Skills God's Way
- Public Speaking
- Home Skills
- and more
To provide homeschoolers with a classroom setting that facilitates information gathering and learning while parents direct and evaluate their students' progress.
Statement of Faith
- That the Bible is the inspired, inerrant, and authoritative Word of God. (II Timothy 3:16)
- That there is one God eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (I John 5:5-7)
- That our Lord Jesus Christ is both God and man in one person. In His Virgin birth, in His sinless life, and His miracles, in His bodily resurrection, in His Ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory He is our Redeemer. (I Corinthians 15:3, I Peter 2:21-24, John 3:16)
- That God created man and all things very good, visible and invisible, by the power of His Word. (Genesis 1, 2, John 1)
- That all people are, in the natural state, lost and sinful and in need of renewal by the Holy Spirit, faith in Jesus Christ, and repentance toward God. (Romans 3:21-30, Galatians 4:4-7)
- That salvation is by grace through faith alone. (Ephesians 2:8-9)
- That faith without works is dead. (James 2:17)
- That the Christian is enabled to live a godly life by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. (Galatians 5:22-25)
- That there is a resurrection of both the saved and the lost: they that are saved, unto the resurrection of life; and they that are lost, unto the resurrection of damnation. (John 5:24, 28, 29)
- That there is a spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (John 17:21-23)
Spectrum's Oversight Committee (OC) is comprised of a rotating team of Spectrum parents who are eager to serve the Lord and all our Spectrum students and their families.
2019-2020 Oversight Committee
President/ Care Team- Rhonda Murray
Vice-President/Teacher and Parent Liaison- Beth Swon
Secretary - Pamela Fahs
Treasurer - Marja Humphrey
Hospitality Team - Jodi Peveto and Donna Klaver
Registrar/Webmaster/Building Liaison- Jeneane Tolley
Stagelight Productions - Pamela Fahs
Policy of Nondiscrimination
The organizations, officers, directors, employees, students, and persons served by Spectrum Christian Homeschool Community shall be selected in a non-discriminatory manner with respect to age, sex, race, color, national origin, and political affiliation.