Expectations for SCHC Students
At Spectrum we expect that all students understand and display self-government. This will be evident as the students do the following:
- Dress appropriately. Students should dress neatly, modestly, and with consideration for others. Parents should provide guidance to ensure that this happens.
- Use edifying language. Students should be considerate in their speech, avoiding the use of divisive, foul, profane and/or inappropriate language.
- Show respect. Students should treat each other and all adults associated with Spectrum with respect.
- Act responsibly. Students should come prepared for class and be where they are supposed to be at all times.
- Required assignments are essential for class participation; this course work MUST be completed before class in order for students to participate meaningfully in class discussions and activities.
- Cooperate. During class, students will be encouraged to participate in discussions. Using electronic devices, passing notes, talking out of turn, working on other assignments, and disrupting in any other way are prohibited.
- Participate with a positive attitude. Students are expected to be cheerful, willing, and, when addressed, to respond with immediate compliance.
- Use electronic devices responsibly. Students should follow these guidelines regarding electronic devices.
- Electronics are for each student’s personal use; devices may not be shared. They may be used for educational purposes only (school work completion, research, note taking) during the Spectrum school day.
- Cell phones may not be used during school hours except with permission of the SAS or a Spectrum teacher. Cell phones may be left on vibrate for emergencies and parent contact only.
- Use of electronic devices to play video games, access social media, watch non-educational videos, etc. is prohibited during the school day. At the discretion of Spectrum staff, high school students may be permitted to use headphones for music during study hall.
- Electronic device use will be monitored. Electronic devices used for any reason other than those listed above may be taken by the SAS or Spectrum teacher until the end of the school day.
- SCHC will not be held responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged electronic devices.
- Adhere to pick-up policies. Each student must have a completed Pick-Up Plan on the website indicating that the student will (a) be picked up by a parent (or designated others) in the building, (b) be picked up by a parent (or designated others)in the parking lot, or (c) check him- or herself out in order to walk or drive home. For students who are being picked up, a student may not exit the building until the SAS sees the parent or designated other and releases the student. Any other arrangements must be made in writing with the SAS. Please remember, if you pick up your child more than 5 minutes after the end of his or her last class, a $3 late fee per student is due to the SAS.