Spectrum 2020-2021 Schedules and Calendars
Information on enrollment for the 2021-2022 academic year will be posted in early May. Please check back then for further information.
The information on this page is for the present academic year, 2020-2021.
Thank you for your interest in enrolling in classes at Spectrum.
Spectrum uses online registration on this website. To begin, please refer to these important documents:
- School Year Calendar 20/21
- Tuesday 20/21 Class Schedule
- Thursday 20/21Class Schedule
- Scope and Sequence 20/21
Full class descriptions, including booklists, are available under "Members" then "Class Registration." You need not be a member to view the class descriptions. Please note that some classes span levels (i.e. dialectic and rhetoric), but they are listed in just one column. See suggested grade levels in class titles for these classes:
- Theatrical Exploration for Young Actors 3-7
- Theatrical Exploration for Young adults 8-12
- Know as You Grow 3-7
- Music Appreciation 6-12
- Life Skills God's Way 8-12
Spectrum and COVID-19
We are hopeful that we can resume in-person classes in the fall. However, given the uncertainty regarding COVID-19 and efforts to prevent the spread of the disease, Spectrum teachers are preparing for the possibility of teaching classes remotely, as they have been doing since mid-March. Regardless, whether our classes are presented in-person or remotely, we assure you that your student(s) will be in capable and caring hands should you entrust our teachers by enrolling in Spectrum classes. Of course, in keeping with our guiding philosophy, we will continue to view parents as their homeschooled children's primary teachers, and our teachers as offering structure, assignments, and teaching to support parents in their efforts to educate their children.
Class Details and Help with Your Questions
Before registering, please print out and read all our registration directions very carefully. Once you make payment on your classes, you are committed to a full year of tuition for you classes. So please do not make payment until our Registar has reviewed and confirmed with you your schedule and fees.
To view complete details about our classes -- including class descriptions, class fees, supplies fees, student numbers, and booklists -- click on "Members," then "Class Registration." You need not be a registered member of Spectrum to view the class information; however, you will need to register as a member of Spectrum before you are able to enroll in classes.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact us.
- For general Spectrum questions, contact the Oversight Committee at [email protected]
- For registration questions, please review thoroughly our registration instructions below and be sure that you have followed them step-by-step. We have consistenly found that most people's questions arise from not having completed certain steps, and they can be cleared up easily. So check there first. If you still have questions, please contact our Registrar, Jeneane Tolley, at [email protected]
- For class-specific questions, once you have joined Spectrum, you may contact the teacher at the information provided on our Staff page (link at the bottom of this page).
- For website issues, please review thoroughly our registration instructions below and be sure that you have followed them step-by-step. We have consistenly found that most people's questions regarding website issues with registration come from not having completed certain steps, and they can be cleared up easily. So check there first. If you still have questions, please contact our Webmaster, Pamela Fahs, at [email protected]
Enrollment Details and Instructions
REGISTRATION FOR THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR IS NOW CLOSED.
Please read all instructions carefully before registering. Directions are explained step by step below. Please note: Aside from the registration fee for new members, you will not pay anything until you have received confirmation from our Registrar regarding your classes and tuition.
Class Registration Worksheet. You may print out this worksheet to aid you in planning classes for your child(ren).
Registration for Oversight Committee members will begin May 1 to test out registration process and ensure it is working appropriately.
Registration for Spectrum teachers and staff will begin May 18 at 7:00 a.m.
Registration for all current Spectrum families will begin May 20 at 7:00 a.m.
Registration for all new families will begin June 1 at 7:00 a.m.
Registration will close on June 3.
In order to maintain optimal student-teacher ratios and class sizes, Spectrum assigns class size numbers for each of our classes. For some classes, once it is full, additional students who register for the class will be added to a waitlist. Students may be added to the class in order from the waitlist. Classes that reach maximum capacity are closed.
Spectrum charges an annual registration fee (for new and returning families alike) of $35 per family.
- New families must join Spectrum via the website and pay this $35 fee before they are able to register. This fee is non-refundable.
- Returning families are charged this fee at the time of registration. Again, this fee is non-refundable.
- New and returning families, please do not pay for anything else until you have received confirmation from our Registrar regarding your classes and tuition.
Tuition and Fees for 2020-2021
Each class is priced at a per unit fee of $125 per unit.
Therefore, class cost = units per class (listed on the class schedule) x $125.
For example, for General Science, which is a 2-unit class, the cost for the class would be
2 units x $125 = $250 total for the class.
Study hall = $60 each
Lunch = $60 each
Once you have registered for classes, our Registrar will contact you to confirm your class schedule and fees. Please do not pay for anything (except $35 registration fee for new families) until you hear from our Registrar. The first payment of 20% of your total cost (tuition and fees) plus class materials fees is due June 8, 2020. If payment is not received by June 15, 2020, your student(s) will be dropped from classes.
Spectrum uses an online tuition payment system on this website. Unless a family pays the complete tuition up front, tuition payments will only be accepted via PayPal. These payments should be made on the website by 6/15/20, 9/1/20, 11/1/20, 1/1/21, and 3/1/21.
You do not need a PayPal account. When you pay for your tuition, after clicking the PayPal button, you will see the option to pay by credit/debit card.
Commitment Upon Registration
Payment plans are offered as a courtesy. Full payment must still be made even if you decide to drop a class. Spectrum plans its budget and hires teachers based on enrollment. Also, due to class sizes, dropped registrations may cause another student to miss the opportunity to sign up for a class that was full or have a class dropped that no longer has enough students. Please consider your choices carefully before registering. If you register for a class by mistake, you have 48 hours to notify the registrar to make the change.
- If you are not yet a member of Spectrum, please join us clicking on "Join" at the top of our website. You will pay the $35 annual family registration fee at that time. This charge is non-refundable.
- Before you begin registration, be sure to update your students' grade levels for next year. You can do this by logging on to our website, then clicking on "Profile" at the top of the website page. Then scroll down to the blue boxes where your children's names appear. At the bottom of each child's box, there is choice that says "Grade Level for Upcoming Year." Choose the correct grade level there. If your student's information is not correct, you may be restricted from registering for certain classes.
- Beginning on your appropriate registration date (noted above) . . .
- Click on "Members"
- Click on "Class Registration" in the drop-down menu.
- Click on any class for which you would like to enroll your child(ren).
- Click on your child's name. A check will appear in the box if your child is eligible to register for that class (i.e., your child is in the right grade desigation, your child is not already registered for a class during that time slot, and the class is not already full).
- If a class is filled, there may be an opportunity to join a waitlist.
- You will have an opportunity to confirm your selections before you complete your registration.
- Please remember to register your child for all needed lunches and study halls. There is a class limit on study halls, and they do fill up.
- If you register for a class by mistake, you have 48 hours to notify our Registrar, Jeneane Tolley, to make the change. You may contact Jeneane at [email protected]
Please note: Spectrum plans its budget and hires teachers based on enrollment and, therefore, expects registered families to commit to a full year of tuition upon confirmation by the Registrar following registration. Unless a class is officially canceled by Spectrum, Spectrum will not issue any refunds once a student registers or if a student withdraws from class.
Again, you will not pay anything until you have received confirmation from our Registrar regarding your classes and tuition.